I’ve heard so much lately about “Pro-Choice”. It’s always about how some stupid woman decides to abort the baby inside her. I say stupid because it’s true. She made bad decisions. It’s actually pretty easy to avoid abortions. Don’t have sex until you are married. If you are not ready for a baby, use protection. Really, it’s not that tough. At least, I don’t think so. I must be over-estimating their level of comprehension, though, because they seem to think that the time to consider what to do about a baby is the baby is already growing inside your body.
I’m Pro-Choice too. I’m for making a CHOICE to not have sex out of wedlock and to not make babies you can’t/won’t provide for. I’m for CHOOSING adoption if you do find yourself in that circumstance somehow (of course by no fault of your own. I wouldn’t want you to be responsible for anything you decide to do). I’m for CHOOSING to take care of and love a baby because it’s a Child of God. I’m for Choosing to do things before the action. Just as you decide what to eat for breakfast, unless you are disturbed (ie: Bulimic), you eat it and let it take its course through you. You don’t suddenly decide that you didn’t want that for breakfast and throw it up, so you don’t have to deal with it anymore. Or do you? You still have to deal with the taste of gross breakfast in your mouth, a hungry stomach, and an aching for a better breakfast.
I chose to have a good breakfast and I have not regretted that one bit. I chose to marry before I had sex. I chose a man who could/would/does take care of me. I chose to be at home to raise my children. I didn’t choose the way my kids are, but I wouldn’t change them. I have three smart, silly, adorable, and well-behaved (most of the time) children. They are helping me to be a better mom, wife, and person. I am so glad I know how to really make good choices.
Are you Pro-Choice?
Also, I see bumper stickers sometimes that say “Pro-Choice” right next to ones that say “Spay or Neuter Your Pets”.
Irony or hypocrisy?
Andy bought me a bumper sticker that says "Pro Choice is No Choice for Someone".