Thursday, November 6, 2008

Just 'cause

I just feel like bloggin' today.
It's raining and a little chilly. I also feel like having a big bowl of soup in a bread bowl. Yum. I won't, but it sounds so yummy. I will do something for dinner though. Hmm, what else sounds good?

Check out my fun music. I moved the player to the top so that it's easier to turn off if there's other sounds you'd rather listen to. Our family song is Cake- "I Want to Love you Madly". It's a fun one. I just a bunch of songs on there that I love to belt out. I could listen to them all day long. Actually I have been. (Anytime I'm home anyway.)

Follow my blog. I'm following yours. It's fun. Go to your dashboard and make a reading list. That way if you lose all the blogs you list on your site, you don't really lose them and you can put them all on the dashboard and then shift all the ones you want people to see to your blog from there without retyping or losing any. I hate losing blogs and then going back to figure out which of the huge number I'm missing only to find out weeks later that I'm not up to date with so-and-so.

I went visiting teaching this morning and my partner is great. She always says the best things. She is a grandma who had nine kids. She is so young though. She knows just what I need to hear and the ladies we visit too. She read from three of the General Conference talks. One about laughing. One about faith, hope, and charity and that you need all three to make a stool stand. And one about Elder Uchdorf's mom losing her four kids on a train when she went to get food for them and how she had courage and faith. At the second lady we VT, I asked her about some candle stuff she sells because I would like a new smell. She went into her spare room and came out with a scent of the month that is yummy. It's Cinnamon Cider. I can't hardly wait until the scent I have in now will melt so I can switch it over. She gave it to me too. Bonus!

I've been reminded a lot lately about being cheerful and grateful. I understand that a lot of women struggle with this. I don't much. I work hard at being happy because if there's nothing you can do about a problem, there's no reason to be upset all the time about it. You decide how you react to a problem. You can decide to be happy you have children OR to be sad that you can't have more. You can decide to be sad about your husband not having much work OR you can be glad that he is able to spend more time with you and that you are able to learn how to budget better and make it work with less. I guess I'm a little unusual. I have four brothers. Blame it on that. I'm fairly rational and don't worry much about things. But remember "You Decide 2008", right? Right. Find the good. Make your house a place the Savior would want to be. (Not that mine always is....) Enjoy the small things.

We are having our Autumn Event for Ransom.Made-design on Saturday, so I'd better get back to my crafty stuff. Gotta finish up. If you would like to know more about our stuff or would like to purchase something, go to our site. Not everything we do is up there. If you have any more ideas, let me know. I can pass it on to whoever does that particular crafty stuff.

Elizabeth just came in to our "family song" playing and said, "Hey, this is our family song!"
I love that. She likes to sing to it too and Olivia dances. Vincent even headbobs lately.

I think it's time to curl up with a good chick flick and cross-stitch like crazy.

Wow, that turned out way longer than it was going to.

Oh, and Andy wrote most of that last political one. I wrote, "Arg. Not my fault." Then he changed it all up. He likes to do that sometimes.