I did it. I finally read "The Book". The one everyone's talking about. The movie out Friday. I read it. And, I liked it. It was very interesting and not what I expected. I read it on Friday and Saturday and then had to go and borrow the second book from a different friend Saturday afternoon. I finished that one Monday night and returned it to borrow the third from yet another friend. (I have a lot of friends who really like the books.) Maybe I'll even find a fourth friend to borrow the fourth book from just to be silly. I'm going to the movie with friends Friday night, so I decided that I wanted to read it first so I know what's going on and can assess whether the movie is as good as the book with them. I'll be glad when I'm done, because then I can move on and begin The Hobbit (our next book group book). Oh and, I decided to read them after my mother-in-law told me that she read the first one and that she borrowed it from Andy's 80 year old grandma. (They read it in their church book group.)
Olivia went to ballet today. She didn't go in at all though. I decided that even if she didn't want to do it, she had to put on her tap shoes/ballet shoes and sit outside the door. She couldn't go play or look at the kids dancing. She had to just sit by the door. She did it for most of the time and still wouldn't go in. We stayed for the whole time though. I don't understand her sometimes. She is stubborn too, I guess.
Vincent is teething again. Runny nose, crabby (for him). He is just chugging bottles like crazy though. He is always ready for one of those. He likes to wake up from an evening nap just when I want to go to bed too. That's a lot of fun too.
Elizabeth is loving school. I went in to help in her class yesterday and she had to do one of those hearing screenings (where you listen to the headphone while the nurse pushes the buttons and then you raise your hand when you hear it) and after her turn she had to sit quietly. She was making faces at me though. She's so cute. She does really well at school listening to the teacher. I was surprised that the class of 24 kids could all be quiet the whole time (all but two anyway). They had four people with the tests though and it went pretty fast (like 5 minutes). After that was done, I went to the tables the teacher wanted me to help and one of the girls told me, pointing, that Alex (at the table in a different group) was "Spanish". I was like, What? Then she said it again. I just said, Okay. Do your work. -Spanish-As if there aren't other kinds of kids in the class. He's not the only one. There are several Hispanic kids, a couple black kids, the other PM class has an Indian kid....... It's just funny what kids say to me.
Oh, and Elizabeth is in a "playground club". That's what they call it. They are an all girls club and the boys have a club too. The boy club chases the girl club. The password to their club is "ransom pansom". I wonder who came up with that? Hmm. We were telling her that she needs to make sure she's nice to anyone who wants to join their group because if they tell people they can't be in the group, it's a mean group, and she can't be in one of those. She said she would ask a couple girls today to be in the group. The drama is starting already. Oh, no!
Andy is busy working like crazy. He is super busy right now. Yesterday he went up to Othello (one hour north) and then when he was done there went to Hermiston (one hour south of us). He still got home at the normal (lately) 6pm. He recently had his ten-year anniversary of working at this company though and really likes his job. We went out to eat with his boss and his bosses' wife. They are fun to talk to and always come up with funny things for Andy and I to discuss later.