Sunday, June 3, 2012

Month of May Update

An update on my progress in May for my 2012 GOALS

1. Read Scriptures and Pray before using computer
I'm still keeping up on the challenge to read the whole quad set of scriptures this year.  Currently I'm in Job and Helaman. (That's 1,056 pages read so far this year.)  It's getting harder to read in the mornings with Abby awake and so many things to do, so I've kind of shifted that to her afternoon lunchtime.  It's still a challenge to stop doing whatever else is on my list to do the thing that should be more important than many things on my list.  Prayer is something I'm constantly working on too.

 2. Exercise daily (instead of never)
I did pretty great on that this month.  I bumped up the amount of time I want to be active each day a little and I'm starting to push myself (and be pushed) harder.  It's good for me.  I can feel the soreness in all the places I hope to lose some weight, so that's reassuring.  I'm also still keeping track of calories on My Fitness Pal and that's helping a lot.
So did cleaning my carpets, going on a hike, finding ways to walk other places, and having a buddy to walk with.
I don't have much time left in my own little challenge to myself to lose 25 pounds before my birthday.  So far I'm only at 12 pounds lost, but I'm making some progress and I don't plan to stop!  I have just 13 days to go until my 30th birthday/11th anniversary.  Time to kick it into high gear!

 3. Only check computer three times a day (morning, noon, and night) instead of constantly.
I've pretty much crossed this goal out in my head.  I'm failing at it daily since so many things are easier to do with the computer.  Look up a number, address, recipe, write someone an email while I think of it.... So many reasons to be on here.  I do try my best to be with the kids when they get home from school and when they aren't busy doing something else.

 4. Read more with the kids.
We are slowly chipping away at Matthew in the New Testament with the kids.  Vincent has started to join in with his own verse that he repeats from what Andy tells him.  He gets mad when he doesn't have a turn. It's harder to do with my walking every night, so this reading isn't nightly like it should be.  We need to work on how it will fit better.
We did add in praying in the morning as a family before Andy leaves for work.  I'm getting up earlier, so that might be an option.  We had a lesson in Relief Society a few weeks ago about prayer and I decided it was time to up my game and do it like I'm supposed to.  I can remember growing up (even from when I was little) going to tithing settlements and the Bishop would tell our family to read the scriptures, pray, and have family home evening.  We'd do it for a little while, but then slowly our FHE would become going to my brother's games or things would just come up and it wouldn't last like it should have, which is always the challenge.  I really want this to stick.  It's an important part of the morning now, even after just a few weeks.

 5. Temple, Temple, Temple= EVERY month
This month Andy and I were able to go to the Temple to help with baptisms.  Two new converts in our ward came and it was so great to be there.  I really liked going and being baptized there as well.