Thursday, June 14, 2012

highlight of the day

Today included going to the DMV to renew my license (it only took an hour which was good because that's ALL I had) and then taking Elizabeth to the dentist while I went to an eye doctor appointment, I visited with my walking buddy for a few minutes (she watched my three littles for me!  Hooray!)
Then I came home, walked Vincent down the street to pick up his friend to play for a bit while his mom packed for camping.
While they played, I put away some laundry, mopped the floor and cleaned house.  It was a mess!
Suddenly it was time for Elizabeth's activity day so I walked her, our neighbor who joined her for activity days today, my three littles, and Vincent's friend to the activity day leader's house.
We dropped off Vincent's friend on the way at his house.
By the time we got home, we had just 40 minutes to hang out before it was time to leave again to pick the girls up.
Dinner was made.
I got a nice birthday card in the mail from my sister.
Andy got home.
Elizabeth went to jujitsu before dinner was ready.
Andy went to a boy movie night (Battleship).
I lost plenty of patience.
I drove over to pick Elizabeth up for jujitsu.
My walking buddy came over to do some Jillian Michaels with me since I couldn't walk tonight with Andy gone.  Ouch.
I lost more patience.
Abby was woken up a few times after I laid her down to sleep for the night with siblings opening her door.
I made Elizabeth and Olivia sort the laundry after I finally put away the clothes that were folded a few days ago.
BUT, the highlight of my day was when the toilet overflowed.  It was just awesome. It was right at the peak of my grumpiness and right when everyone needed to use it. The girls went across the street to go and Vincent used the tub before he went to bed.  It was so gross.  I turned off the valve after trying to plunge it and failing and used five big towels to soak up the mess that happened when someone bumped the flushing lever.
Still out of patience.  It's time for bed.
Half the kids are asleep and I think I'm joining them as soon as Andy gets home!