I went to the school Friday morning to help with field day for Elizabeth's grade. I love that I have friends who can watch Vincent and Abby while I help with things at the school. Meeting and knowing my kids' friends is important to me.
Plus, I wanted to test out my camera some more.
They all crowded into one part of the gym so they could get directions.
I got to help with the marble grab game. It was a popular one. They had to grab marbles with their toes in the water and then put them on the little upside-down frisbee in 25 seconds. Some of the marbles were larger and they were worth two points, so a few kids would hunt around looking for the big marbles and use up too much time. Some kids got ten or so, but most got closer to six. Elizabeth got one (chubby toes).
Elizabeth's teacher emailed and mentioned that she was the champion of the marble grab and that the other teachers accuse her of practicing. She got 35! She says the trick is to pick up as many at a time as you can.
Here's Elizabeth at the back of the line for the frisbee throw.I took a bunch of pictures of kids I know in the third grade doing the marble grab so I can give them to their parents and because I was there the whole time.
Elizabeth with one of her friends in her class.
They all gathered together a few hours in to do sack races, tug-of-war, and three legged races.
Here's Elizabeth in the sack race.
And the three legged race with one of her friends.
Another posed one with her friend.
This was a really great match of tug-of-war. Elizabeth is the second in line for her class there in the yellow (with the bright red hair). It went on forever (or it felt like it). Elizabeth's class had pulled the other class nearly all the way past the orange cone at one point and then the other class had a big surge and it made most of Elizabeth's class fall to the ground. Don't give up until it's over!
When we came home, Vincent did this with Olivia's stuffed animals to greet her when she went to bed.
I noticed how many little pansies (right?) were blooming in my pot outside. The private school our neighbor goes to is around the corner from here and they bring things around to the neighbors on holidays (a balloon on Valentine's day, a flower on May day, little scriptures, and things.) I think it's nice. This flower was from them.
We had such beautiful skies most of the day!
See? Obviously, I need to wear some sunscreen now that I'm baring my white, white skin.
Andy got to go with his dad to see little Ezra who was born last Tuesday when they took Sara's two girls back to them. Grandpa Shirley was watching our three nephews, so she couldn't go. She gets to go all next week. Luckies! I'm planning a road trip soon to see this cutie!
Back at home, I feed the missionaries and had two friends over to be shredded by Jillian since we couldn't go walking with Andy gone. I have to strengthen some muscles so I can do better jumping jacks, but it felt like it was working (and even more the next day!)


