Friday, October 16, 2009

Trick or Treat Tag

List five tricks you use around the house and one of your favorite Halloween treats.
Then tag five people.

TRICKS:
1. I have a little wallet size photo album for each kid (something I received as a gift when Elizabeth was a baby) and I put one of each of their professional pictures in there. That way, I have them all in an easily accessible place, I can compare pictures without hauling out photo albums, and if I feel like recreating a pose, I can take them with me to the photographer. I plan on giving these to my kids when they leave home. (I am thinking of saving them in the safe too though, so if anything did happen to the rest of the pictures, I could enlarge those or something.)

2. I use toilet bowl cleaner to clean the soap scum out of the tub. I don't have to scrub at all! Some might say it's not "green", but we care more about clean than green, and it saves my hands from being raw, my back from hurting, and my kids from bathing in filth, so I don't care! Plus, I hear that a lot of the green products don't work and I KNOW they cost more, so as soon as those problems are solved, I'll try them out. And I rediscovered this week that some of that Ajax powder cleaner works to get burned-on food off of stainless steel dishes and FAST!

3. When I make a meal that we eat on a regular basis (pizza, lasagna, enchiladas, tacos, spaghetti, etc), I add the ingredients to my grocery list so that when I want to make it again, I'll have what I need.

4. I keep a list of all the people I know who are having babies or weddings that I need to make something for so I know which gift to do next and which one is coming up. (I try to have a stockpile, but people keep depleting it by having so many babies and weddings!-I'm totally kidding! I love it!)

5. My mother-in-law gave us a fabric-covered photo box when we had Elizabeth. I keep all of her birthday cards and little momentos that are too big for the scrapbook in it. The other kids each have one too and so do Andy and I. Elizabeth just wishes I'd let her look through her box more often.


TREAT: Reese's anything, but especially those ones they make for holidays that come in the pumpkin shape or whatever holiday it is (Christmas trees, hearts, Easter eggs). My mom used to completely spoil me by going to the store the day after the holiday and buying me a bunch of them on sale. I have an awesome mom!
I just love those little fun size candy bars and I steal them from the kids. Yum.
I also started liking Pumpkin Chocolate Chip cookies. I didn't used to like pumpkin at all, so that's pretty good for me. I've always liked cherry or berry pies (or chocolate/lemon pudding pies) much better than pumpkin too.

I TAG:

1. April
2. Lisa
3. Sara
4. Tina
5. Wendy

Feel free to leave me tricks in the comments and treats on my doorstep. I love both!