Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween at Ballet

The girls were able to dress up at ballet this week in their Halloween costumes so here is a preview of their outfits.
Olivia's class was on Tuesday. She wanted to be a fairy mermaid like the fairy mermaid in Barbie Fairytopia Mermaidia (if you only have boys or tiny girls and don't know about the Barbie movies, watch out!) Luckily, my awesome mom made a mermaid costume for Elizabeth two years ago when she was Ariel (from The Little Mermaid-I was Ursula). We added fairy wings from the dollar store and we were done! Oh, and then we went to the mall and found bows for each of them to wear in their hair too.I took this picture of her taking her turn across the studio right after her tail fell down. Then I called her out to safety pin the top up. She's too skinny for it!Elizabeth wanted the wings when we went to the store too, so she changed her mind about being a cowgirl (which was good since that's MY costume!) and decided to be an orange fairy. I found an orange shirt and shorts/skort at Goodwill and made a little tutu for her.No one else in her class dressed up. It was strange. Every other year all the kids dress up. I'm not sure if they all forgot or just didn't want to bother with it or if they didn't have everything together for their costumes. Anyway, so Elizabeth is in her bright orange outfit and the rest of the girls in the class are wearing their white leotards and white or light pink tutus. She's always the one who stands out. I don't think she cared. She likes all the attention. She was letting them all play with her tutu and wings.
Tonight is the First Grade Harvest Hoedown, so I'll probably post some cute pictures of Elizabeth's do-si-do with Andy.