We had our Halloween Party tonight at our house. Our kids were able to go and play with Andy's cousins that are their age during the party. Andy's aunt called this afternoon and I had to double and triple check with her that she could still watch them, but she was just calling to invite the kids to eat dinner with them and asked if I could bring their pajamas for a pajama party and if they could wear their costumes. I asked her if she wanted to give them bathes too! Of course you can feed them. It was great!
Andy is a character from Tron. Tron is a Disney movie (most of it is computer generated) from the '80's.
.JPG)
I was a cowgirl. Kind of boring this year, but I did find some cheap boots that don't fit me well. Anybody wear a size 8-8 1/2 and want some boots?
.JPG)
David and Connie. David is such a nerd. :) Connie had some crazy hair with kitchen utensils in it and a flashy cool ring. Her daughter helped her get her costume ready.
.JPG)
Our friend Nathan (dressed as his computer complete with worms, spam, bugs, and viruses) brought another guy we know named Ryan (who is wearing a Scottish kilt. He served his mission in Scotland). Who's under the hood?
.JPG)
One of Andy's friends from the branch, Steve.
.JPG)
Sherry and Mike are Olivia's teachers at church. Sherry is a flapper (and her daughter Olivia's age is going to be one tomorrow too!) and Mike is his younger self. He hadn't been freshly shaven for a decade. Several people told him that he looked like one of his sons. He didn't seem to take it as a compliment, which is strange because he made him. He said he never noticed that his son was so good-looking before.
.JPG)
Becky with her husband Alex and baby Carter. Prince, Princess, and the Frog Prince.
.JPG)
Carrie and Brian. Carrie is a gypsy and Brian was a demon with wings, but Carrie called the wings fairy wings, so he didn't wear those in. He's NO fairy! He's wearing red contacts too.
.JPG)
Heidi and Landon with hidden baby, William. They are tired parents of a newborn.
.JPG)
Jim and Lori. Jim is a vampire and Lori is a witch. A very nice vampire and witch, that is!
.JPG)
Kim and Aaron. Kim is Sleeping Beauty. She wore her slippers. Aaron is comfortable. He wore camel-hair slippers.
.JPG)
Melissa and Joe were Jean and Gene. They were old blue "Jeans".
.JPG)
Alf (Kent) and Cleopatra (Laurie). He really only wore the mask for a few minutes because he couldn't see or breathe under it.
.JPG)
We played Guitar Hero, Apples to Apples, Uno, Catch Phrase, and enjoyed plenty (too much left!) of good food and fun friends!
Just so you know what else you missed. Better plan on coming next time! Hoagies, veggies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, sugar cookies with homemade frosting, pretzels, and licorice. One of our friends brought a pizza and another brought more pumpkin chocolate chip cookies.
.JPG)
.JPG)
Our party was only planned to last until 10pm, but most of our friends ended up staying until 11pm. I cleaned up and put all the yummy food away while Andy went to pick up the kids. They barely got to bed by midnight. I sure hope they can sleep in on Halloween morning. Luckily, we don't have anywhere to go until noon. And then, we are non-stop until bedtime, but it will be fun and really no different than most days, like today. Man, was I busy! I got the house all ready the day before, but I helped at the school counting money for a fundraiser for three hours and then hurried to pick up Olivia and Vincent before dropping something off at a friend's house, rushing to the bank, going grocery shopping, and hurrying to the school to get Elizabeth. Unfortunately, I kind of dropped the ball on the getting Elizabeth from school at the time school gets out (the kids get out 2 hours early every Friday too.) I didn't make it out of the grocery store until five minutes after I was supposed to pick her up, so I was going as fast as allowed to pick her up when I ran into another school's release time on a busy streetlight corner. The kids would cross on our side and then cross the way I wanted to turn left (and I started out seventh in line). The traffic backed up and each cycle would only let one car turning left through. I waited very impatiently and worried-like for my turn. I knew Elizabeth would freak out if I wasn't there. Finally after ten minutes sitting around, I finally had a turn! I used to think our roads around are school are crowded, but now I know that ours are FABULOUS! I picked Elizabeth up 15 minutes late and she seemed okay, but she was in the office waiting for me. She told me one of her classmates called me to see where I was and they called Andy too. This is when a cell phone would be SO handy! (Yes, I'm one of the thousand adults in the country who don't have a cell phone. Andy has one through work, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to get just one for a plan and we are trying to save money.) We got her anyway after much frustration. Then we went to the post office to mail a few baby gifts and home to finish setting up the house and hiding all the toys in a different room and putting away the groceries, etc. before the party. It was all so worth it to have such a great party with fun friends though. Tomorrow will be great too!
This is the picture I found in the hallway of Elizabeth's school that she "published". Is says: "I saw___(forgot what word she said that was) of buffaloes in the car. We saw over 100 buffaloes!"