Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Funny Ideas People Think

Andy says:

Have you ever had someone say something really strange, that they've figured out in their mind, and makes total sense to them. Here's some of my favorite ones.

1) A college friend of mine thought trees made the wind. You know, when trees rock back and forth, they move the air, and that's where wind comes from. I asked him what makes the wind over the ocean, or Antarctica, (there's no trees there) he didn't have a good answer for that.

2) Another college friend commented once about how our belly-button never really fully seals off. We said, "what are you talking about?" He said, "because there's an opening there still, and lint gets into your belly-button from inside your body." He had a hard time believing that lint comes from your clothes.

I tried to find a good belly-button lint picture, but when I searched in Google Images, they were all disgusting, so I'll spare you.

3) A guy I know was talking about trains, a teen aged girl commented on how it was a good thing there were trains so we could have cotton (you know that fluffy stuff that comes from a steam engine's smokestack). He couldn't decide whether she really believed it, or was a genius actress for being so convincing that she believed it.

4) Just to be a good sport, I'll mock myself. It took me until I was about fifteen to understand that when they said the word 'euthanasia' on the news, they weren't talking about kids in Japan.

5) Also, until a few months ago, I thought that Hannah Montana was a real person.

Add your own in the comments.