Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Events

This picture is because Olivia saw it as we went to the school on Friday and said that it looked like a painting. I was waiting for the two cars in front of me to go anyway, so I had just enough time to snap a picture. It is a pretty tree. We were late to get Elizabeth to school because I was gathering all the things I needed to do the bake sale stuff. I had to load up a ton of things and forgot until the last minute that Vincent was still in his pajamas, so she was late rather than taking her, coming home, and going back. I was also calling my dad to see if he could come and hang out with the kids after school so I could help set up with the carnival and bake sale without worrying that the kids would wreck something. He was able to pick up Elizabeth and bring her home so I could go back to the school (I came home for Vincent's nap) and then took them to the school for the carnival and stayed with them there even after Andy got there from work. I had a lot to get done, so I just made her tardy. I think she'll be okay.
I was at the school for two hours in the morning tagging the items that people brought to sell at the bake sale. Another PTA lady came with her daughter to help Olivia tag items. It went well. Then I went home for a few hours so Vincent could nap and I was going to sew or finish up things for the Ransom.Made design Spring Event, but decided to rest instead. It was nice to read some more in my book for a little while. So I went back to the school just before 2pm and was there until 10:30pm. This is a major fundraiser at our school. We only have two fundraisers. One is this and the other is the Jog-a-thon at the beginning of the school year. I know when we get to Disneyland, I'll be SO glad that I was on my feet so much the last few days.
When I got back to the school, I arranged the tables, tablecloth, and treats. We also saw that someone had dropped off another cake mix to make. As an awesome coincidence, a few ladies showed up just then to see if I needed anymore help with the bake sale and took the mix home to make more cupcakes. Awesome! I love it when people show up at just the right time. I ended up making 4 dozen cupcakes, 2 pans of brownies, and a double batch of cookies. I asked for people to donate baking mixes instead of baked goods if they could too and it worked out pretty well. I thought I would have to make a lot more than that, but had so many people sign up that I didn't worry much about it. Check out the table!
All the cheapest things are on the far left (25 cent items) and they go up to 50 cents, one dollar, 1.50, and then the other half of the table and cart behind are all cupcakes that were a quarter each. We needed extra cupcakes because of the cakewalk where they handed out free cupcake coupons. We had SO much donated. It was so fabulous.
The other side.
I had two friends come and help me in the bake sale, each for an hour and a half, so they handled the cupcake selection and I did the money and clarifying how much things were to people who didn't look at the sign on the wall behind me and corresponding stickers. I even talked one kid in our ward out of spending his entire 10 dollars on goodies at the beginning of the carnival. I'm sure his parents are glad he didn't buy that much. =) He did buy some. By the end, we were selling people trays of cupcakes because they still had tickets, so they spent the rest on treats to take home. My table wasn't clear until at least a half hour after it was over. I made $180 with cash and collected another 700 (25 cent) tickets, and nearly 200 cupcake coupons for PTA. It all amounted to $360 for Bake Sale. Awesome!
Saturday was the second day of the Spring Event. I totally missed Friday night because of the bake sale, but I sold some things at the Event anyway. A few of my friends came that night. I was hanging out there all day with my mother in law and sister in law and all the people who came to check out our cool things. It was a lot of fun. When it was over, Andy came and brought me the kids so he could take his sister's husband with him to see "Clash of the Titans". He really enjoyed it. I figured that he needed some time out after watching the kids all day. He took them to the park and to McDonald's and they had a good day. I worked on laundry and putting the kids to bed while he was gone and then went grocery shopping (a little) when he came back. Then I started packing us up. Sara is awesome and is watching Vincent for four days and three nights, so I packed Vincent a bag of food to share too.
We are so excited for our trip and leave in the airport in less than 12 hours! Unfortunately, the girls are so excited that they keep playing instead of sleeping. Dang. They are going to be tired. Too bad. Maybe they'll fall asleep on the airplane. Did I tell you what Olivia said the other day? She said, "Mom, do you know that I've NEVER been on an airplane before?" Um, yeah, of course I know that. You are only FOUR and I'm your mom. She also calls Disneyland "Candyland" instead and keeps telling people that's where we are going.
I'll catch you all up on Thursday night or Friday on our trip. Thanks for putting up with my constant rambling on here.