On our way to and from Walla Walla on Saturday the girls had some questions and conclusions for us. I'd like to see what you think.
1. Is the Easter Bunny a "he" or a "she"?
2. What color is the Easter Bunny?
3. How big is the Easter Bunny? They said they already knew the answer to this question. They said the Easter Bunny is baby sized, but really fat and not really a baby, but is a bunny.
4. When people are still up in the house, the Easter Bunny will wait until they go to bed. It (since we aren't sure if it is a he or a she) may even sneak and watch a movie with the family.
5. We should leave the Easter Bunny some carrots and a bowl of water so it can have some dinner. I think they called it a feast. We then discussed the pros and cons of trying to catch the Easter Bunny by poisoning the water. We decided against it, but it was HILARIOUS conversation. Poison was going to be dishwasher soap because that's what I call it. Also we talked about trying to capture the Easter Bunny with a net, but he would just gnaw through it and put our family on a list, and Elizabeth and Olivia and Vincent would have to explain to their kids why they never would get visited by the Easter Bunny.
6. Olivia prayed for the Easter Bunny during bedtime prayers, possibly more than once.
7. We talked about Jesus after all this bunny and egg talk to make sure they are understanding the whole reason behind Easter. Somehow the Easter Bunny kept popping up in that conversation too. Both girls really do seem to understand the story of Jesus's resurrection which I found reassuring and wonderful. Andy told them why it is three days and how Christ was really in the tomb on Friday night, Saturday the whole day, and part of Sunday morning. He also told them some other things that I'm not sure I have ever even heard before, like about Pilate's wife telling him not to do it. What a well read husband I have. It's nice to be able to drive with the kids and talk to them about things that are important to us. We also enjoy laughing at the things they come up with for the not so important things. Too bad I can only remember a tiny portion of the funny things they say. I need to record it.