After dinner tonight we went on a nice walk as a family. We drove over to a fun place by the river and walked there. We went under and then next to a big highway (with the giant fences to block us from them, of course). My main goal: WEAR THEM OUT! They all looked pretty tired by the time we got back to the car. Accomplished. Except then we had to stop for gas and both girls had to take turns to go in and use their restroom (yes, they went before we left). So, we didn't get home very early even though we were done with our walk right at 8pm. Oh well. As long as they are asleep before 10:30- which is what it has been lately (I don't know where they get that....)-I'll be happy. See now that's the whole reason I have to stay up late to get any time to myself. On our walk across the bridge, we saw a bunch of spiders. Big ones. They were cool to watch building their webs between the metal posts. They must eat a lot of the flies around there because they looked well fed. Vincent would stop every time he saw one to point it out. Our Family Home Evening discussion was about staying on the path. Good discussion when we don't want them to walk in the dune dirt.
We are also trying to get our (by that I mean MY) lazy legs ready for Disneyland. Tomorrow night we will go on another walk, but it's going to be for the annual Clot Trot. One of these days they will be tired when they are supposed to be. Me too. I did go to bed a little earlier than normal last night. Maybe tonight I will too, but don't count on it.