Monday, April 12, 2010

Glasses and Thrifting

I helped in Elizabeth's class this morning so Olivia and Vincent went to play with one of Olivia's friends. When I went to pick them up, they were playing with the guinea pig named Oreo because of his white stripe in the middle. Vincent didn't want to let go of Oreo. He loved it. Still, sadly, no animal Oreos in this house. Food ones, yes.
I had a call to go and pick up my glasses, so I took the kids over there. See?
It's amazing how much I can see now. Things are so crisp and clear and it's great. I keep pulling them down to compare what I used to see and what I can see now. Officially now my vision is 20/30.And then we went to the thrift store to get Elizabeth some shorts for Disneyland. She grew out of most of her shorts from last year already. I am always on the lookout for good jeans of any bigger size and a few other things, and today I was very successful in this.
I found great deals. I bought five gift bags, five books (I thought it would be fun to read some Ramona books with the girls), two pairs of jeans (one is Levi's) and one pair of church pants and jammies for Vincent.One cute dress with sparkles, 1 pair of capris, two pairs of shorts to fit Elizabeth now and in size 10-three pair of jeans (one is Tommy Hilfiger), corduroy pants (Aeropostale), capris, Gap shorts, and stretchy black pants. (I don't buy many clothes for Olivia because she gets them after Elizabeth.)And a new fun dress and Eddie Bauer skirt and belt for me. All for the amazing low price of $30.59. That is 28 items for barely more than 30 bucks! I love this thrift shop and always find great things. They have the best prices anywhere too!
In case you are local and are wondering where I go, I like New Beginnings on Lee by Chapala Express (I also love C.E.) They have the best prices anywhere and they don't have tags that are annoying to take off. In fact, they don't have tags on any clothing. All baby and toddler sizes are $1 each and other kid clothes are $1.50 each. Books are 50 cents each. So I love this store. Don't pick it over too much though. Just kidding. I have all I need for a while. =)
Oh, and as a funny coincidence, I ran into the guy we sold the old blue van to at the thrift store. I asked him how the van is doing and he told me that he replaced the transmission and it's running great. Always a relief after selling something that they don't think you ripped them off...