Tuesday morning I had the photos printed that my friend Charlene took of my grandparents last week and took a set over to my grandparents so they could see them.
Grandma was sleeping so Grandpa looked through them first. He is a teaser and kept saying "What a waste to take pictures of us." He looked a little pleased, but sounded upset that Charlene caught him smiling in a few pictures too. He is quite the ornery man, or at least he pretends to be.
My favorite picture has to be this one with Abby in it. She wanted to sit right down next to Grandma and be in the picture too.
Abby likes to visit them. Today she and Vincent found some nail clippers and when they pretended to poke Grandpa with them, he yowled like a hurt puppy. Vincent and Abby thought that was hilarious and kept doing it, but when they came and tried it with Grandma she took them away so they wouldn't get hurt.
This photo is Grandma's favorite one. (Grandpa made me wake her up since it was almost lunchtime.) She plans to use it in their Christmas letter.
Grandpa commented on his age spots in this hand holding picture and said it looked like an old man's arm. I told him it looked like a hard worker's arm.
Grandma said this one looks just like her 'poor sister'. She said her sister who's three years younger was a carbon copy of her. (I brushed her hair just before this picture after she asked me to.)
She also told me that I have one beautiful grandmother and that it's not her and went on a little about how gorgeous my mom's mother was. I sure think I have two beautiful grandmothers!There's Grandpa's smile! When Charlene asked him to smile, he told her it'd cost her, but I guess she got some for free after all.
It is hard to see Grandma and Grandpa aging, but I'm so glad that I get to see them and be around them. Grandma mentioned to an aunt who showed up as I left that she doesn't know how to repay me for all I do for them. I brushed that aside then, but really, I'm just so glad that they are HERE so I CAN do things for them.
They are some of my steadiest, stalwart, faithful examples of righteous living and good works.
I am going to need tissues when the great-grandkids sing to them on Thanksgiving Day.
On the way home, the rain clouds broke and let some pretty blue sky through the gray clouds. I teared up thinking about how lucky I am to be surrounded by beauty and how life can be FULL of blue skies if we can just look past the gray clouds that get in the way sometimes.





