Monday, November 26, 2012

Around here

Abby wore a dress Shirley made for Elizabeth her second Christmas when she was almost two.  Behind Abby is the matching doll.  She took the doll to church and loved undressing it and making us redress it.
 I had Andy take my picture wearing the shirt I wore in my 'fat' picture from earlier.  36 pounds makes quite a difference!
 Vincent wanted a picture in his Sunday best.
 The last few days have been full of arrangements.  A lady at church went into the hospital with contractions two months early and her three other kids needed tending while her husband works this week.  We passed a sign up around at church and as always I'm amazed at how quickly people sign up to help.  I had two lists in different rooms and had to combine them and tell some people to sign up again next week.  Now she's home again, but on super strict bedrest, so some more shuffling might need to happen.
I'm in charge of preschool this week.  (Printed the stuff out Monday morning.)
I have a dentist appointment this week and made some arrangements for Abby and Vincent.
Our Mother Daughter Book Group is at our house this week. I'll think about a treat another day.
The Ransom Made Design Christmas Event is this weekend.  Since I've been a procrastinator, I have a lot of work to do.
A lady asked me at the Autumn Event if I'd make aprons for her grandkids to use when they play with pretend food.  She got the fabric to me last week.  This is the smallest size she requested on Abby (who didn't want to pose).  I like the owl fabric.
 Here it is flat.  The bottom is curved a bit, not crooked.
Whew.  Back to business.
Dinner to make.
I Spy Bags to finish.
Ornaments to finish.
The other three aprons to finish.
And plenty of other things on my list this week, like running my first funeral dinner as compassionate service leader.  I will have help and I will need it!  I wish I could say it will slow down next week, but I know it will not.  Next week is Nutcracker, so Elizabeth, Olivia, and I will be very busy with that.  I'll be able to breathe again sometime next year I think....