Monday, November 5, 2012

October Goal Update

Have to update my big goals for 2012.

1. Read Scriptures and Pray before using computer.
I can hardly believe that I've kept up on this challenge, but I know it's been great for me to gain a stronger testimony of the scriptures and learn more about the stories in the Old and New Testament. I just finished reading John in the New Testament. Reading the Four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) at a rate of four-five pages a day seemed like I had just read the account of Jesus's life and then I was able to read it again from another apostle's view. I enjoyed it a lot.
 Andy and I are reading in the Doctrine and Covenants, which is such an interesting part of church history that I haven't actually studied for quite some time, so it's been very good for us. Prayers are so great lately. I'm NOT perfect at remembering to say them, but the Holy Ghost IS perfect at bringing the "Ere you left your room this morning. Did you think to pray?" song to my head when I forget.

2. Exercise daily (instead of never)
Constant goal to walk, but just last Monday I had three people cancel on me in just one night. It was alright because our FHE was going long anyway, but I really miss walking regularly. I've had to just bump up my cleaning to get exercise. I'm still counting my calories on My Fitness Pal. Maybe eating too much candy had a part of that.  Thank you, Halloween and little self control.

3. Only check computer three times a day (morning, noon, and night) instead of constantly.
Always a goal, but always failing so that I can stay in touch and do my calling and be a good friend and and and there are always excuses as to why I think I need to check the computer.

4. Read more with the kids.
Elizabeth and I finally finished Fablehaven for our mother-daughter book group.  I found it hard to read aloud with the big words that are hard to pronounce for me.  Reading it to myself would have been much faster, but that's not the point.  Elizabeth enjoyed it and was halfway through the second book when it was due back at the library.  Still working on reading more with the other kids and reading scriptures as a family more, despite our busy schedules.

5. Temple, Temple, Temple= EVERY month
For October after looking at our calendar, I decided that we'd count our trip to Boise to go to the Temple Open House there.  It was so beautiful to go inside with our children and my mom and feel the Spirit there.

I'm already starting to think of new goals for next year.  What will you change in 2013?